RPM wildcard question

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Jan 24 19:12:14 UTC 2013

On 01/24/2013 12:26 PM, Wojciech Komornicki wrote:
> Expansion of the asterisk is handled by the shell.  To see what such a command
> will do, issue the command
>           echo *.rpm
> You will see the full list of RPMs.
I thank all of you folks who have answered.  It turns out that the code
I suggested--
                   rpm -Uvh *.rpm
--works fine.  I looked in your fine book on RPM, but could not find it
in there.  since it is a draft, albeit about 2 years old now, perhaps the
authors will add this command to the text.

I posted here because of the wide use of RPMs in Fedora, altho I an
using PCLOS, and cannot use YUM! (PCLOS uses RPMs, but except
for out-of-repo installs, they are all handled by Synaptic.  It's only
the programs that are not in the repo that require the command
line operation.)

--doug