FC18 install - doesn't offer other OS on the drive

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jan 26 17:44:15 UTC 2013

Am 26.01.2013 18:26, schrieb Bill Davidsen:
> I avoid editing the grub.cfg file for three reasons:
>   1 - I don't know what I'm doing, if magic is needed the install/upgrade
>       should be the magician. The average users knows way less than I do
>       about system setup
>   2 - The last time I did the system wound up being a totally unbootable
>       recovery adventure. See #1
>   3 - every kernel upgrade seems to rebuild the config file, making
>       change a brief success.

3 is completly untrue

until now after kernel updates grubby is adding the new one to grub config
and taking any chnage you made in the previous one to the new entry

only "grub2-mkconfig" is creating a complete new config
with all this submenu crap and so on
for kernel params "/etc/default/grub" is your friend here