Optimization Start Up of Fedora

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 13:11:25 UTC 2013

carachi diego <carachi83 at gmail.com> writes:
> I would like to know if someone knows where I can find some guide,
> tutorial  that can help me to improve the performance of Fedora on my
> laptop in start up.

The biggest change you can make to your laptop to get it to boot faster
is throw out the rotating disk and buy an SSD (Solid State Disk).  A
120GB disk can be had for under $120.  You can cut your boot time from
1+ minute to 15 sec (from the time grub loads to the time the login
screen appears).  No other change you can make will be anywhere close to
that dramatic.

The one fly in the ointment is that you need to have a modern enough
laptop for the disk to be a SATA disk.  Anything newer than ~2007 should
be ok (but check your disk first before ordering an SSD).

-wolfgang
--
g+:  https://plus.google.com/114566345864337108516/about