best backup solution

Raf Roger raf.news at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 21:33:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

coming from microsoft windows world, i would like to know what is the best
backup solution/tool under linux. I'm aware of simple backup suite and
fwbackups, however i would like to understand the phylosophy behind Linux
backup.

under windows we used to backup the complete partition with files also
store in it.
this is the simplest method.

However under linux, till now i found only how to backup files...nothing
about partition.
could you explain me how linux people understand backup ?
should we only backup user's files and settings ?
how to you backup a webserver for example ? this is not a simple item and
it is not only user's files.
thx

--
Alain