what has 'yum update' done?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat Jul 13 16:05:01 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 05:57:57PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> what he menat was showing the difference between
> present and new config file before updates and the
> option to merge them - not that the merge is useful
> in many cases but *that* is was Debian offers

Oh, I see. There used to be a plugin that did that, I think, but I don't see
it now. We do have:

yum-plugin-changelog
   This plugin adds a command line option to allow viewing package changelog
   deltas before or after updating packages.

and

yum-plugin-merge-conf
   This yum plugin adds the "--merge-conf" command line option.
   this option, Yum will ask you what to do with config files
   have changed on updating a package.

Which aren't exactly the same but may be helpful.