a different point of view to "etiquette"

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jul 17 04:43:16 UTC 2013

On 07/16/2013 07:10 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.stable/58049/focus%3D1525074
>>
>> From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds <at> linux-foundation.org>
>
> Linus is in a very special category,
Sure.

> and I don't think his justifications
> can be applied to virtually any one else.
Why not? Free speech and being allowed to pronounce ones opinions openly
and directly is one of the keys for success of open source.

>  Especially, not *here*.
Why not? Fedora isn't interested what their users think and *feel* about it?

I for one have more problems with people wanting to silence people for
"etiquette" reasons, than I have with people being using what some
people consider to be rude language.

Ralf