unstable libreoffice

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Mon Jul 22 18:29:51 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 01:51:04PM +0200, lee wrote:
> Martin Skjöldebrand <shieldfire at gmail.com> writes:
>
> >  Is anyone else seeing a horribly unstable Libreoffice in Fedora 19?
>
> I decided against using it quite some time ago because even simple
> things like mailmerge didn't work, and trying to program something would
> have required unreasonable learning efforts and appeared not to be
> feasible anyway because one bug after the other would have needed a
> workaround.  It would have taken me nowhere.

Did you think that the devs were sitting around drinking coffee and
watching pr0n in the time since you gave up on it? Considerable progress
has been made in "quite some time".

> LaTeX works great for what I'm doing, and I didn't bother to install LO
> on Fedora.  Give it ten years or so, and LO might be usable.

Ten years? Give me a break. There are thousands of people using it right
now with great satisfaction. If you haven't checked to see what has been
fixed you aren't entitled to make that statement.