When booting F19 x64 Gnome often hangs...

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sun Jul 28 00:57:13 UTC 2013

Have you noticed that Fedora 19 also hangs if there are several windows
and terminals open.

I often have Nautilus, at least 2 terminals, geany and chrome and
sometimes firefox open and intermittently everything except mouse stops.
top still functions and is uninformative and there's nothing in
/var/log/messages, system monitor shows nothing untoward, 60%memory,
cpus running between 60 and 80%.

Oh I'm using cinnamon not gnome3.
I have to click on the X shut down button (top right corner) on each
window and terminal till I find one that closes,  because the keyboard
is also locked, close all and reopen again, all is normal for some time
till it locks again.
This is the first Fedora where I have experienced this problem.
Roger