mcelog.service

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Mon Jun 17 01:44:38 UTC 2013

Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> writes:

> Am 17.06.2013 02:25, schrieb lee:
>> Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> writes:

>>> As long as it's not the drive itself that went bad you can always
>>> connect it to another, working computer.
>>
>> Where would I find a working computer which I could use and which has
>> the same or at least a compatible hardware RAID controller to connect
>> the drives to?
>
> well, most people on Linux are using mdraid to avoid the useless
> question about "compatible hardware RAID controller" because it
> is pretty useless to have a RAID with a single-point-of-failure
> in form the controller

How do these people answer questions like how to connect 10+ SATA and/or
SAS devices to their computers at the same time, how not to create a
bottleneck with software raid and how to eliminate every possible single
point of failure?

Are you assuming that most ppl using Linux have fallback systems with
independent internet connections and emergency power generators standing
by that automatically take over seamlessly when something with their
used system or around it fails?

--
"Object-oriented programming languages aren't completely convinced that
you should be allowed to do anything with functions."