Broadcast RGB property and Intel video driver

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jun 23 23:37:12 UTC 2013

On 06/24/13 06:47, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 06:30:00 +0800
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Just the smallest amount of googling suggests that an xorg.conf option exists for this....
>>
>> Option "BROADCAST_RGB"   "0"   or   "1"
> Absolutely true, and a fantastically large amount of
> googling doesn't disclose which section it is supposed to
> go in to be associated with the HDMI2 output or how
> to construct the fragment of xorg.conf that I need
> to stick in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d directory
> to convey it to the driver :-).

Yeah, well I'm not going to be much help with that at the moment since I don't have the time to really research and bring back my xorg.conf skills.   :-(

Most likely placed in the "Screen" or "Device" section.  Probably needs to be combined with the ConnectedMonitor option.

FWIW, not all video drivers support that option.  The binary NVidia drivers don't support it AFAIK.

Good luck.

--
The only thing worse than a poorly asked question is a cryptic answer.