Broadcast RGB property and Intel video driver

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 23:46:25 UTC 2013

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 07:37:12 +0800
Ed Greshko wrote:

> Yeah, well I'm not going to be much help with that at the moment since I don't have the time to really research and bring back my xorg.conf skills.   :-(

Me either :-).

I finally settled on running a script that uses xrandr
to check the current setting and change it to Full
if it isn't already (which reduces the number of
monitor flickers I have to see :-).

I run it from  the /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/ directory.

Of course the best thing would be a kernel boot option
to set the default so I wouldn't have to see the mist
obscuring my boot messages either, but I don't think
the driver has such an option :-).