Upgrading to 19 by fedup: bad and good news

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jun 30 01:38:25 UTC 2013

On 06/30/13 00:19, antonio montagnani wrote:
> I have the doubt that at this stage of release, my fedup-cli 19 network command may have got the wrong packages, (for example no F19 kernel, that is quite surprising)

FWIW, I tested just now and had a similar experience....

1.  X not starting...  But this was a simple matter since this is a VBox VM.  Just needed to boot to level 3 and reinstall the VBox addons

2.  No F19 kernel.  This was easy to fix by "yum distro-sync".  (Had to erase firefox first....)

3.  Still some minor issues with grub....  But no show stoppers.

Ed

--
The only thing worse than a poorly asked question is a cryptic answer.