Upgrading to 19 by fedup: bad and good news

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 03:18:02 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> On 06/30/13 00:19, antonio montagnani wrote:
>> I have the doubt that at this stage of release, my fedup-cli 19 network command may have got the wrong packages, (for example no F19 kernel, that is quite surprising)
>
> FWIW, I tested just now and had a similar experience....
>
> 1.  X not starting...  But this was a simple matter since this is a VBox VM.  Just needed to boot to level 3 and reinstall the VBox addons
>
> 2.  No F19 kernel.  This was easy to fix by "yum distro-sync".  (Had to erase firefox first....)
>
> 3.  Still some minor issues with grub....  But no show stoppers.
>
> Ed

For what it's worth, you could fix the entire situation by installing
the i386 version; I switched to x86 in F18 and am having the same
issues as a Ed describes, and was going to pipe up, typing that I had
never had these problems before, that the Linux was a "rock",
forgetting about my i386=>x86 change-over, until suddenly remembering.

Hope this helps,

Richard