installation issue 2

Patrick Dupre Patrick.Dupre at univ-littoral.fr
Sun Mar 3 11:40:52 UTC 2013

Quoting dim, 03 mar 2013 Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>:

> Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was thinking in making a bootable USB key for the installation.
>> I read: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_and_use_Live_USB
>> There is instruction about creating partitions and install the .iso on one
>> of them and make it bootable. The example is with a single partition:
>> su -c "livecd-iso-to-disk --reset-mbr
>> Fedora-17-x86_64-Live-Desktop.iso /dev/sdX"
>>
>> I am surprise taht we could not make the same on a specific partition by
>> making it bootable, like we do on a usual hardrive.
>> UNetbootin or liveusb-creator do not seem to have this option.
>>
>> Am I wrong?
>>
> There's another thread with a very similar question, why don't you
> look there?

Thank.

Do you mean:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=273418  ?
Then I wanted to make some changes.
Is this correct:
my key is mounted as suggested, then I created:
/mnt/flash/Fedora_18_live
and I put in this directory:
Fedora-18-x86_64-DVD.iso  initrd.img  vmlinuz
and keep:
extlinux.conf ldlinux.sys menu.c32
in /mnt/flash
and modified accordingly:
extlinux.conf
append initrd=initrd.img lang=en_US.UTF-8 repo=hd:UUID=myuuid:/Fedora_18_live

Thank for your help

  Patrick DUPRÉ                          | |  email: pdupre at kegtux.org
  Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère
  Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale      | |
  Tel.                                     | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
  189A, avenue Maurice Schumann            | | 59140 Dunkerque, France