Curious "sleep" experience

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 10:53:06 UTC 2013

In my case witch is an HP Probook 4515s - it has also flaws with sleep
hibernate. When it wakes up, the ventillation switching to maximum,
and can't be stopped. I tried to fix with quirks but no use.

@Timothy: I think your machine also needs an extra quirk setting -
when I had experienced similar when I had Fujitsu the symptomes were
the same that you described. Surely needs an bugzilla ticket.

Zoltan

2013/3/4 Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>:
> When I first installed Fedora-18/KDE
> sleep didn't work at all - on waking my laptop
> (Thinkpad T61 with AMD/ATI M52 [Mobility Radeon X1300])
> it just flashed every second or so, and I had to re-boot.
>
> Now it works fine, but with one curious feature.
> When I press the power button the laptop seems to be waking,
> but then goes back to sleep.
> When I press the power button a second time it wakes properly.
>
> This doesn't worry me, as it only takes a couple of seconds in
> all.
> But I'm slightly puzzled by it,
> and wondered if mine is a general experience?
>

> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
> s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College Dublin
>

> --

PGP:  06853DF7