installation issue 1

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 13:12:36 UTC 2013

On 2 March 2013 22:00, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 02.03.2013 22:57, schrieb Patrick Dupre:

> it gives you enough room for GRUB2
> any modern partitioning tool starts the first partition at 2048
>
>> fdisk -l /dev/sdb
>> /dev/sdb1              63    24981074    12490506    7  HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
>> probably does not give me enough room to fit properly a MBR
>
> is a partition scheme created many years go

I've still got some of these from dual boot installs transferred
between discs (have experienced problems getting Windows to boot after
changing the first sector to something sane in the past). I assume at
some future point UEFI Grub is going to have problems with this, but
still using BIOS for the moment.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk