About that installer...

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 22:38:08 UTC 2013

On 11 March 2013 20:37, Alan Evans <ame.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Ian Malone wrote:
>>

>> Why? I can partition, but I don't really want to make a hobby of it.
>> There's a strong argument to be made for sensible defaults to avoid
>> many people having to do identical tedious set-ups.
>

> Sensible defaults are fine. The problem is that, with each new generation of
> dumbed down system defaults, the distros have been making it harder and
> harder for experts to deviate from those defaults. It's to the point new
> where it's *impossible* to deviate from the defaults for some things.

I absolutely agree, I was just a bit surprised because I did manage to
use the F18 installer to wipe the linux partitions on a dual-boot disc
and install a working system with an adjusted partitioning scheme. It
sounds like Dan Irwin has hit some odd behaviour (it seems a lot of
people have hit odd behaviour...).

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk