slightly OT

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 18 01:07:53 UTC 2013

<sad_rant>
I am sad and disappointed.
Gimp, for me at least, is now a disaster waiting to happen. It's not
flying Buzz, it's falling with style.
-Save options are more complex than necessary, defaulting to xcf when an
image is png, gif or jpg, is rather pathetic.
-Toolbox has disappeared to infinity and beyond.
-I don't want to go find a new tool box each time, with the useless "You
can drop dockable dialogs here" message, golly it's beyond useless. I
want the bog standard one that always appeared when Gimp opened.
-Saved image quality seems deteriorated in comparison to the more
ancient Gimps of  6 months to a year ago.
Gimp in Ubuntu has not yet suffered the indignities galore of this
Fedora 18 gimp.
</sad_rant>
Same pc, same everything, different Operating system, all Gimp updates.

If anyone out there in Fedora 18 land can help me get the default Gimp
tool box back I would be momentarily joyous. The normally vociferous
Google seems ominously silent.

<sad_rant#2>
Different topic, still sad.
Has anyone found a way to stop Gnome 3 in Fedora 18 from shrinking and
enlarging the desktop dependent on where the mouse may be at any point
in time. It's affecting my vertigo. I don't wanna go to Mint, don't like
Mint.
Has any one found a use for the silly dark grey stripe that infrequently
appears at the bottom of the Gnone 3 desktop. There's gotta be a use for
it. I once had a Selinux error warning light show up in the bottom right
corner but that went away.
</sad_rant#2>
Roger