I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Mar 19 20:40:09 UTC 2013

Am 19.03.2013 21:34, schrieb Tim:
> Allegedly, on or about 19 March 2013, Temlakos sent:
>> Did you know that a consensus is rapidly developing that the present
>> environment, with desktops (or mini-towers) and laptops dominating,
>> will give place totally to The Cloud, where all data will reside, and
>> you will access it using a smartphone with the occasional auxiliary
>> keyboard and screen? And print to the nearest wireless print server?
>> What advice will you have for the worker in a multinational or Fortune
>> 100 enterprise that decides to build a private Cloud and expects its
>> workers to maintain all data on The Cloud and work with it using
>> smartphones and tablets, to the exclusion of mini-towers and laptops?
>
> I'm inclined to think that once you're locked into that scenario, you're
> also going to be locked into proprietary software.  Just about the whole
> basis of cloud computing is *making* *you* *pay* for every damn thing
> that you do (access, store, use, etc.).
>
> It's taking vendor lock-in to the max

and nobody needs Fedora to support this broken idea

what the hell does someone expect from "Fedora on the mobile?"
the same desktop as on a 24" screen?
how should this work?

a completly different desktop for the mobile?
well, why do i noeed Fedora then on it and not whatever?

the DE of the desktop crippled down to a mobile ones?
well, that has happened with GNOME3/Unity/Windows8

leave us with KDE or whatever desktop making WORK with
their computers fuck in peace with all of this and
use whatever suits the gaming front