I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 23:45:49 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Peter Gueckel <pgueckel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter Gueckel wrote:
>

> Good grief! I had no idea that this would result in such a heated
> exchange :-)
>
> As some have pointed out, the smartphone is a computer. Also, many
> users are giving up their desktop and laptop computers for
> smartphones and, sometimes, an additional tablet.
>
> Given this development, does Fedora have anything to offer them?
>
> So far in the discussion, the answer appears to be that it doesn't.
>
> Given this development, who will be using Fedora, if it cannot be
> used on the devices people nowadays are purchasing and using?
>
> --

A thought:

People are not out buying box- or folding-computers because the market is
saturated. No one needs the latest, and greatest computer, but we still
have them, and we may still need them to write essays / reports; thus, we
still need the OS. We are, however, going to need, for the present time,
the latest, and greatest smart phone.

We may need to buy computers when voice-activation comes along - at which
time they may be built into the houses, and these will need the OS.

I believe we want to develop for the hand-held data-device; we sell the OS
by installing on our own devices, overtop of Android.

Just my thoughts on redundancy.