I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Mar 21 03:17:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-19 at 12:38 -0600, Peter Gueckel wrote:
> I have been looking at smartphones and tablets (I presently own
> neither, due to outrageous monthly fees and lengthy contracts), as
> I am starting to feel that I no longer want to do without mobility.
>
> However, how does Fedora fit into this? Is there a way to put
> Fedora onto a tablet or smartphone?
>
> Ubuntu offers an intriguing compromise, for users of an Android
> phone. Hook up a keyboard and monitor and run Ubuntu, so you don't
> exactly have your full system in your hand, but you _do_ have it in
> your pocket. Pretty cool, but it's not KDE-Fedora!
>
> How do you go about it?
----
use Ubuntu for this - Canonical is paying people to develop and test
this software and as far as a normal Linux OS on ARM hardware goes, they
really are in the lead. Perhaps some day Fedora will have an install
package for this if they don't have something already.

Also - you probably will not want to use KDE at this stage either since
there are other DE's that are touch enabled.

Craig

believed to be clean.