I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Mar 20 00:31:08 UTC 2013

On 03/20/13 08:17, Peter Gueckel wrote:
> I have been with Fedora since about 1998 (RH5). I don't care to
> switch, just to become digitally mobile. In all likelihood, given
> this bleak scenario, I would probably end up with an Android device
> and end up reluctantly moving to (K)Ubuntu.

I have to ask....

What is the advantage of running (K)Ubuntu or any other Linux distro on a smartphone or tablet?

I haven't given any thought to this since I don't know if devices running an O/S other than Android O/S would have access to the Google Play or Amazon Apps store.  If they lose that source or even if they don't but suffer from stability issues then what good is it?

Do people wanting to do this simply want to do it in an attempt to maintain interface consistency?  But, IMO, the form factor alone would impact that even if the underlying O/S is the same.