I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Mar 20 18:23:58 UTC 2013

Am 20.03.2013 19:16, schrieb Gordon Messmer:
> Consider this:  You have a fully functional workstation at your desk. You finish up what you're doing and pull the
> computer out of its dock. The computer has all of your apps, all of your configurations, and all of your data.  You
> can use many of those apps on the computer's 4" touch screen.  If you need a larger screen or a keyboard, you break
> out your "laptop" form-factor dock and plug the computer in to it.  Presto, you have all of your apps and data on a
> laptop and continue your work.

what about redundancy aka RAID?
what about large data?

> The computer can be used independently, and it can be used in a laptop or workstation dock.

and usually all this are compromises which doing
nothing of both really well

> Is there room in THAT world for traditional desktop/workstation computers?  Probably some for people who need a lot
> more computing power than you can readily cool in a package that's the size of a smartphone.  But, how much?  It's
> extremely likely that the near future of personal computing will move toward very mobile devices that can be paired
> with a larger display and input device

virtualization?

it is not uncommon these days that users rely on it for
testing or let special software runs which does not exist
in a native version

well, even Windows7 had it BUILT-IN

you need at least CPU power, you need RAM and you need fast disks
sorry, but there where i work you will never replace a workstation
with such toys in the office instead use the BEST tools for
whatever you need instead such crippleded "fits all and nothing"