I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Wed Mar 20 19:50:42 UTC 2013

On 03/20/2013 11:23 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> what about redundancy aka RAID?

Personal computing rarely involves RAID.  Not never, but rarely.  And
that's my point.  There will continue to be high-end workstations with
whatever features you want that aren't in mobile devices, but as time
goes on, most of the industry expects that market to shink.  It will
continue to be a very small niche, and it's likely that costs for such
equipment will rise (relative to "standard" costs) as that market shrinks.

> what about large data?

Personal, mobile computers will continue to grow their capacity as they
always have, and fixed workstations will remain for the few people who
need more than mobile devices provide.

> virtualization?

We fully expect that to come to mobile devices.

> you need at least CPU power, you need RAM and you need fast disks
> sorry, but there where i work you will never replace a workstation
> with such toys in the office instead use the BEST tools for whatever
> you need instead such crippleded "fits all and nothing"

Your point of view seems unflexibly narrow.  You don't seem to be able
to conceive of the simple fact that the future is not entirely like the
present.  Compare the specs of a smart phone today to devices just 3 or
4 years ago.  The growth in capability is astounding.