I want Fedora in my future, but is it possible?

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 10:39:17 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:20 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 22.03.2013 11:04, schrieb Gilboa Davara:
>> Than again, in the context of the OP, private clouds (which are being
>> operated by the the company itself) behave just the same as external
>> clouds
>
> what is a private cloud?
> a buzzword for consultants!
>
> our VMware ESXi cluster is a private cloud
> well, it would exist as it does without the buzzword at all
> well, it did not change anything for the clients / users
>
> the "cloud" is more or less "you need not to know on which host
> a server is running because it is controlled by VMware HA/DRS"
> BUT i know exactly where the things are running at normal operations
> and i would be quite stupid to give up this control completly

Most of the private cloud installations I've seen involved two steps.
1. Moving legacy client-server applications from physical installation
to virtualized environment.
2. Slow replace the legacy applications (mostly platform dependent
client-server software) with web-based software (which usually support
mobile devices, hence the connection to the, umm, OP?).

Whether you call the above "the move to private clouds" "The move to
Web 2.0 applications" or "the mad cat revolution" is completely
irrelevant.

- Gilboa