Problem with cron

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 09:48:42 UTC 2013

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:12:02 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:

> As the included comment says,

I'm not familiar with any lico-update.sh script (and have never used it
for the LiCo project), so I could not guess what it does, especially not
since it added an absolute path for the command to execute. Hence my
question.

> it was added to my crontab by the script
> when I ran the installation routine, and I checked it with crontab -l to
> make sure exactly what it said.

Okay.

> I came to the conclusion that it's not
> getting run because of two things: the page at the Linux Counter doesn't
> update when it should and there's no mention of the script being run in
> /var/log/cron.  However, if I run the script from the command line, the
> counter updates.

Well, as I've asked: Do other cron jobs work for you if you install them
in the same way? And it would be normal (default) behaviour for them to
be logged in /var/log/cron - grep joe /var/log/cron would tell.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) - Linux 3.9.0-0.rc3.git0.4.fc19.x86_64
loadavg: 0.19 0.14 0.23