Problem with cron

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Mar 24 01:54:30 UTC 2013

Am 24.03.2013 02:37, schrieb Joe Zeff:
> On 03/23/2013 06:25 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> pfff - and why do you not start crond?
>>
>> systemctl enable crond.service
>> systemctl start crond.service
>> systemctl status crond.service
>
> As it happens, I was just running around the Fedora documentation and found those lines.  It's now active.  Thanx
> anyway, because I might not have thought of the right place to look.  The only question left is, why isn't this on
> by default?

i can not remember a linux without crond enabled

but however, "systemctl list-units | grep service" should
be a default maintain-action for everybody to enable
used services and much more important disable unused ones

it's strange that you have so many years experience as
you say but such basic things are always a long thread
by not check basics