Creating a server with Fedora 18

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Wed Mar 27 22:14:37 UTC 2013

On 03/27/2013 02:37 PM, les issued this missive:
> On Wed, 2013-03-27 at 19:16 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> in this conext i would recommdn CentOS6 which has security updates
>> for arund 10 years, the backside is that you can't have major
>> upgrades of software for a specific release and a dist-upgrade
>> is mre or less impossible because the changes are too much
>>
> Thanks, Reindl,
> 	He won't be too happy, he loved Fedora.  I'll google for the setups for
> CentOS.  It looks like they are taking about 6.1 now on their website.

Latest CentOS is 6.4.

Fedora is rather cutting edge and if he's got vision problems, it's
probably not the best beast due to the 6-month replacement cycle (and
one year life cycle). Couple that with the F18 installer debacle and I'd
say it's not really a viable candidate for him. CentOS is a lot more
stable and similar to the F10 he knew before.