nx

Patrick Dupre pdupre at kegtux.org
Sat Mar 30 20:54:47 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-30 21:45, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am experiencing some issues with the display when I use nxclient.
> What ever I choice for the display (in confidure), I get a session
> which covers all my screen. It looks like that the size of the remore
> machine sceen size is used and not the one of the local one
> what ever I say: 1200x800, "available area", etc..
>
> How can I configure the session properly to have the size of the
> nx session fitting the size available on the local machine?
>
> Thank.

In addition, when I run gnome-control-center (on the remote), I get:

libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.

(gnome-control-center:23967): Gdk-ERROR **: The program
'gnome-control-center' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib
length erro'.
   (Details: serial 165 error_code 16 request_code 147 minor_code 1)
    To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE environment
    variable to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

Patrick DUPRÉ                              || email: pdupre at kegtux.org
Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère
Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale        ||
Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                || Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
189A, avenue Maurice Schumann              || 59140 Dunkerque, France