Expectation of privacy

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu May 2 20:37:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 03:04:14PM -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 18:48 +0000, Bill Oliver wrote:
> > In another thread, respondents debated the expectation of privacy
> > regarding email.  I think this is a reasonable topic for an email
> > mailing list, since there are many differing perceptions.
>
> I do think it's a worthy topic, I'm just not sure that the Fedora list
> is the place for it since it has really nothing specifically to do with
> Fedora, or indeed with Linux, or operating systems, or software or
> computers, but with policies on the Internet. Perhaps someone can
> suggest a more focussed forum for this.

There is a list for Fedora legal issues.  I'm not sure that's the
right forum either, since this is not specific to Fedora.  That list
is used primarily for dealing with software licensing and other issues
that specifically impact the Fedora Project.  A Usenet group that
discusses general legal issues might be more appropriate, like this
one (UI is through Google Groups gateway):

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/misc.legal.computing