A start job is running for NetworkManager wait online...

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 14:34:11 UTC 2013

On Thu, 16 May 2013 13:43:53 +0200
Reindl Harald wrote:

> looks like you have *not* disabled all
>
> systemctl list-units | grep -i network

Unfortunately that list is apparently incomplete.
In my follow-up I discovered there is some
magical additional service with a systemd- prefix
in the name that command doesn't list (but which
also needed to be masked).

> look at *any* service which referrs to NM and disable it
> or simply *uninstall it* as it is always a good idea
> only have packages installed which are in use

I used to try and erase NetworkManager, but it seemed
to keep coming back due to dependencies which
flicker on and off from one package release to the
next. I thought "mask" was finally the solution
to my problems, and it worked till this latest
update where mysterious new hidden systemd
services apparently rose from the dead to thwart
my masking attempts :-).