FC18 Installation: No X comes

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat May 18 20:11:33 UTC 2013

Am 18.05.2013 21:04, schrieb j.halifax2 at seznam.cz:
>> run: ln -s /lib/systemd/system/graphical.target  /etc/systemd/system/default.target
>
> Ooops! It looks that I haven't been in contact w/ FC for a long time! I made the link,
> but now switchable workplaces come without normal GUI as the startx brings.
> May I ask for a next advise ? ;)

what is a "switchable workspace"?

most likely you are missing the display-manager
but we do not know which DE you use (GNOME, KDE..)

on KDE systems (i do not use anything else)
systemctl enable kdm.service
systemctl start kdm.service

what i do not understand is why you do a MINIMAL install instead
select your prefrerred desktop from the very begin in anaconda
to be installed..............