ePDFview bug, where to report?

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Fri May 24 05:55:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've found a bug in the ePDF viewer as included in Fedora 18 XFCE.
> Where should I report it?.

Since upstream here appears to be dead (see below), your only recourse
is to file a bug with Fedora:
http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/epdfview

> Particularly, a PDF file that shows OK in Adobe Reader, and also shows OK
> when viewed with PDF.js inside Firefox (the internal Javascript based PDF
> reader, which comes bundled with later Firefox versions but can also be
> installed via the addons site at mozilla.org), instead shows with ePDFview a
> page with a bitmap on it, as 'empty' (the bitmap doesn't show).
>
> The PDF file in question is public, and has been generated by RedHat, and is
> at
> http://www.redhat.com/summit/2012/pdf/2012-DevDay-OpenJDK-Bhole.pdf

This PDF also seems to work fine with KDE's Okular, which uses the
same underlying library (poppler) as ePDFView, so there's definitely
something wrong with that package.

> The problem exhibits in the page which shows a screenshot of "Thermostat" (I
> think it's Page 4, I could be wrong).
> Only ePDF shows the empty bitmap.
>
> My ePDF shows version "ePDFView 0.1.8"
>
> TIA
> FC
>
> PS: Is it me or the project page at "Emma's Software", authors of ePDF is
> gone? trac.emma-soft.com
> I wonder if the project is dead?

It seems Ubuntu's Launchpad hasn't been able to communicate with
trac.emma-soft.com since 2010.  :-(
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/epdfview/+bug/570410

-T.C.