Can't stand Gnome3, I think it's time for Fedora to move on

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 20:23:36 UTC 2013

HI

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Ian Malone  wrote:

> I agree that this isn't really the place to influence the choice of
> defaults, but it is entirely the place for users to form consensus.
> If you try to talk about this on devel you're open to getting called a
> power-user and trying to impose your view on the hapless users. If you
> try to talk about it here you're open to not getting heard. Which is
> why I'd encourage people to look at the spins to see if any fit their
> needs better.

I am very skeptical that users here can really form any sort of consensus.
There seems to a wide variety of strong preferences.  However trying out
spins and deciding for yourself what you might want is indeed a good idea.
Note that there are several desktop environments and window managers that
don't have their own dedicated spins however.

Rahul