Why some say "rpm hell"

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 26 14:43:40 UTC 2013

Tim:
>> What happens when you break mail, in one way or another:  Your
>> replies are not seen with the messages that they're related to.
>> They get missed, they get overlooked.  It gets very hard to follow
>> an ongoing thread...

AP:
> Well, I agree but I simply reply in Firefox and by typing
> www.gmail.com and nothing else!! This is the only way I do.

Having a look at some other posters using gmail, their messages have the
requisite in-reply-to and references headers, but neither of yours do.
Though I don't know if they're replying through the gmail web interface,
or using a real mail client connecting to gmail (unless there's an
x-mailer header, not all mail clients put one in).

I know that, in the past, if I've used Evolution to interface with
gmail, or used Firefox with their web interface, it had the proper sets
of threading headers either way.  And recent tests done, just now, using
a web browser and normal mail client behave the same.

Are you running some extra privacy options in your browser or gmail?
Are you actually using the "reply" function, or are you mistakenly
forwarding?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.13-100.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon May 13 13:36:17 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.