F18: Bind-chroot & Dovecot mount errors, how to fix? [SOLVED]

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Tue Oct 22 18:19:42 UTC 2013

On 10/22/2013 11:00 AM, Dan Thurman wrote:

> I at one time installed bind with chroot but decided
> to remove the bind-chroot package but it did not
> clean up and remove chroot mounts so I manually
> removed the chroot mounts, reconfgured bind,
> restarted named, with no apparent errors.
>
> But now, dovecot complains in maillog, the following errors:
>
> dovecot: master: Warning: /var/named/chroot/etc/named.root.key is no
> longer mounted. See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Mountpoints
> dovecot: master: Warning: /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf is no
> longer mounted. See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Mountpoints
> dovecot: master: Warning: /var/named/chroot/etc/named.rfc1912.zones is
> no longer mounted. See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Mountpoints
> dovecot: master: Warning: /var/named/chroot/etc/rndc.key is no longer
> mounted. See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Mountpoints
> dovecot: master: Warning: /var/named/chroot/usr/lib/bind is no longer
> mounted. See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Mountpoints
> dovecot: master: Warning: /var/named/chroot/etc/named.iscdlv.key is no
> longer mounted. See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Mountpoints
> dovecot: master: Warning: /var/named/chroot/var/named is no longer
> mounted. See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Mountpoints
>
> I tried some of the examples pointed out in wiki2 but
> I am unable to remove the warnings...
>
> What do I need to do?

I think I solved it...  was wiki2 says:

As root:
# doveadm mount remove /var/named/chroot/etc/named.root.key
# doveadm mount remove /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf
# doveadm mount remove /var/named/chroot/etc/named.rfc1912.zones
# doveadm mount remove /var/named/chroot/etc/rndc.key
# doveadm mount remove /var/named/chroot/usr/lib/bind
# doveadm mount remove /var/named/chroot/etc/named.iscdlv.key
# doveadm mount remove /var/named/chroot/var/named