F18: Bind-chroot & Dovecot mount errors, how to fix?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 23 06:00:19 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 11:00 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:
> dovecot complains in maillog, the following errors:
>
> dovecot: master: Warning: /var/named/chroot/etc/named.root.key is no
> longer mounted. See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Mountpoints

I notice you've resolved this, but I find the information Dovecot
provides on that link, "Dovecot wants to keep track of mountpoints that
might contain emails," to be quite disturbing.  I don't think a mail
program should be behaving like that, at all.  Imagine the mess we'd be
in all sorts of programs started ploughing through the directory tree,
without being told to, just because they thought it was a good idea.

Since Fedora likes to put removeable media into /var/run/username/media
you might encounter that problem again, unless you put /var/run into its
ignore database.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686