Fedora 19 screensaver

William Henry whenry at redhat.com
Fri Oct 25 17:40:29 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Roger <arelem <at> bigpond.com> writes:
>
> > Since updating last week the Fedora 19 screensaver is causing me grief.
> > I have it off and time delay set to never but it blanks the screen and
> > defaults to a time display after 30+ minutes , on any key press it gives
> > the login dialog which cannot be accessed either by tab key or mouse so
> > there is no way to log in.

+1  F19 Gnome 3 - new issue in the last couple of weeks.

> If you have both GNOME and Cinnamon installed and are seeing this in GNOME,
> it's already fixed in the latest F19 updates. It was discussed in
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2013-October/441728.html .
> 0

My problem is not that I have it screen lock set to off. I have it set to on. Sometimes the normal unlock screen pops up (Gnome 3 theme look and feel) but other times a more plain unlock screen pops up and will not accept keyboard input.

I have updated twice sine this started and it's still occurring.  It is requiring a hard reboot. (I don't know any other way to get around it. - Mouse moves but keyboard does nothing.)

Best,
William