LAN driver problem

Giovanni Ortosecco giovanni.ortosecco at libero.it
Thu Sep 12 13:28:02 UTC 2013

Il 12/09/2013 12:07, James Hogarth ha scritto:

> On 11 September 2013 15:29, Giovanni Ortosecco
> <giovanni.ortosecco at libero.it
> <mailto:giovanni.ortosecco at libero.it>> wrote:
>

>     The problem I found is as follows: at work I use Fedora 10
>

> Why are you using F10? This is well out of support and if it's just a
> case that the hardware is too new for the kernel there is no
> assistance that that can be provided.
I know that. Because the teacher who uses the computer does not want to
change the operating system as it says it would encounter difficulties
with a newer system (it is almost not an expert!!).

> I thought you couldn't run F19 on your system? This would indeed
> indicate a driver as opposed to hardware problem - the correct
> solution of course would be to then upgrade. If you cannot run current
> Fedora for some reason I woudl suggest trying your setup with a long
> term support distribution such as CentOS 6 to ensure that you get
> security updates on a stable base.
In fact I'm trying to convince the teacher to move to CentOS 6.4
In the meantime, do you think the problem can not be solved?

> James
Thanks,
Giovanni