FC18 - Libreoffice keeps crashing

Paul Erickson va7nt at telus.net
Sun Sep 29 16:26:10 UTC 2013

On 09/26/2013 10:37 AM, poma wrote:
> On 26.09.2013 18:49, Paul Erickson wrote:
>
>> Thanks again, very much. The results of the commands are below.
>>
>> $ libreoffice --version
>> LibreOffice 3.6
>>
>> $mate-about --version
>> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0".
>> MATE Desktop Environment 1.6.1
>>
>> $ lspci -nnv | grep VGA -A10
>> 00:01.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
>> nee ATI Trinity [Radeon HD 7540D] [1002:9991] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
>>>       Kernel driver in use: fglrx_pci
>>
> Any particular reason to use AMD's proprietary 'fglrx*' video module,
> and not to use 'radeon'?
>
> Have you tried creating a new user for testing purposes, to opt out of
> the equation possible glitches in the DE's config.
>

> poma
I use the proprietary drivers because they work better with my dual monitors
than the generic.

I have tried creating a new user, and the same problem persists.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt at telus.net

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates it's warriors from it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools"
- Thucydides - The Pelopenisia

"The Malice of the wicked is reinforced by the weakness of the virtuous."
- Churchill