Successfully activated service 'org.freedesktop.PackageKit' ?? why?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 7 14:06:24 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-04-06 at 11:21 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> what is this, and how do you stop it?? seems like a waste of
> processing power & time.

You should probably look at your "sessions" preference, or whatever it's
called in the desktop that you're using.

It controls what things are started up each time you log in.  In my
case, it involved a lot of things I didn't need, or couldn't use
(package kit checking for program updates, non-existent bluetooth
hardware, et cetera).  Sometimes, uninstalling things causes you
problems, because they want to take out a lot of other things, too.
But, you can nearly always stop those things from being run, without
unwanted extra problems cropping up.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686