Successfully activated service 'org.freedesktop.PackageKit' ?? why?

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 14:42:39 UTC 2014

On 04/07/2014 10:06 AM, Tim wrote:
>> what is this, and how do you stop it?? seems like a waste of
>> > processing power & time.
> You should probably look at your "sessions" preference, or whatever it's
> called in the desktop that you're using.
>
> It controls what things are started up each time you log in.  In my
> case, it involved a lot of things I didn't need, or couldn't use
> (package kit checking for program updates, non-existent bluetooth
> hardware, et cetera).  Sometimes, uninstalling things causes you
> problems, because they want to take out a lot of other things, too.
> But, you can nearly always stop those things from being run, without
> unwanted extra problems cropping up.
In my MATE desktop that would be under
System-Preferences-Personal-Startup applications ( I think that is what
you mean)..
it shows a few duplicates, 2 screensavers's 1 mate 1 xscreensaver.. 2
Power Management apps, 1 Mate, 1 xfce4.. is that because I have both
Mate & XFCE4 installed?

--
Paul Cartwright