Notification area audio widget suddenly invisible on Fedora LXDE spin

Someone someone249 at openmailbox.org
Sat Apr 19 02:37:05 UTC 2014

Hi poma,

I don't mean to be rude, but is English not your first language? It
would help me a lot if you could annotate your commands and codes more
with some explanatory prose. For example, I couldn't really figure out
what you meant by...

    $ paplay

...at first, since I just ran it and it said "Failed to open audio
file." Then I realized that it's probably some sort of substitute for
"aplay", and ran it with the wav file as its argument.

In any case, I have no idea whether you expected it to work as opposed
to the "aplay" version, but it didn't.

Also, I'm not sure what you meant by linking me to the youtube video,
but the image I booted from when my audio worked was this one:
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/20/Live/x86_64/Fedora-Live-LXDE-x86_64-20-1.iso

I don't know the first thing about upgrading or changing kernels, or
installing new versions like rawhide. Would I lose all my installed
applications and user data?

Is there any way to upgrade without having to make a new live usb
installer stick, some on-line method of upgrading?

Thanks