Fedora *is* for servers! [was Re: Need advice]

Russell Miller duskglow at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 04:30:59 UTC 2014

On Apr 18, 2014, at 9:15 PM, David <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:

> And yet you are still 'here'?

Not that it's any of your business, but the story behind that:  I subscribed using my gmail a long time ago, and never
forwarded my gmail, and filtered it to a special folder that I never saw.  A few weeks ago I finally set gmail to forward
to my "real" mail...  and suddenly I started seeing traffic from all of the lists I forgot I was on.  Including this one.
Having decided there's no harm in keeping up with things, even on an OS I don't use often, I didn't immediately unsubscribe.
Time will tell whether I change my mind on that.

Maybe I should try installing the latest Fedora on a machine I don't care about to see if the frustration factor has gone
down.  From the messages I'm seeing here, I doubt it very much.

To be fair, Fedora is hardly the only OS I'm frustrated with.  I hate systemd with the fiery passion of a thousand suns,
every distro and its long lost brother is switching to it, and I see it as a corruption beyond measure, but oh well,
it's a living.  Fedora just counts the frustration as a point of pride.

--Russell