Fedora *is* for servers! [was Re: Need advice]

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 04:40:40 UTC 2014

On 4/19/2014 12:30 AM, Russell Miller wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2014, at 9:15 PM, David <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> And yet you are still 'here'?
>>

> Not that it's any of your business, but the story behind that:  I subscribed using my gmail a long time ago, and never
> forwarded my gmail, and filtered it to a special folder that I never saw.  A few weeks ago I finally set gmail to forward
> to my "real" mail...  and suddenly I started seeing traffic from all of the lists I forgot I was on.  Including this one.
> Having decided there's no harm in keeping up with things, even on an OS I don't use often, I didn't immediately unsubscribe.
> Time will tell whether I change my mind on that.
>
> Maybe I should try installing the latest Fedora on a machine I don't care about to see if the frustration factor has gone
> down.  From the messages I'm seeing here, I doubt it very much.
>
> To be fair, Fedora is hardly the only OS I'm frustrated with.  I hate systemd with the fiery passion of a thousand suns,
> every distro and its long lost brother is switching to it, and I see it as a corruption beyond measure, but oh well,
> it's a living.  Fedora just counts the frustration as a point of pride.
>
> --Russell

My question is/was "And yet you are still 'here'?" Bitching about Fedora?

If you do not 'like Fedora' I would suggest that you find some other
distro of Linux that you do. And leave this list. And? Join the list(s)
of your latest Linux darling and sing your love there.

It seems a waste of time to be spending your time dissing on Fedora.
Unless you fit the cartoon?

BTW? Other than a few 'different things' you will find that most Linux
distros are really similar and that they use the same utilities.

--

  David