FFTW with mpi support

Susi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Sat Apr 19 22:17:40 UTC 2014

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:16:15 -0400
Brahmanand Jogai <jogai9699 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I am attempting to compile an application (MPB from MIT) with support
> for MPI.  It needs fast fourier transform with MPI support.  Fedora 20
> provides several versions of fftw, but none has support for either
> openmpi or mpich2.
>
> Does anyone know of a repo that has fftw with mpi?  I have not found
> anything on google.  I tried compiling fftw from source, but it failed
> its own self tests.  Besides, installing a home built fftw could affect
> other applications that depend on the Fedora-supplied one.
>
> Any suggestion will be appreciated.

File a feature request in bugzilla against fftw.

mpi support hasn't been put in, because compiling even fftw is a mess:
four different flavors are built, consisting of single, double, long
double and quadruple precision.

Plugging in the mpi versions will require 3x4 = 12 separate compiles.
Also, if the flavors are put in separate subpackages, it'll also mean 8
more subpackages...
--
Susi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor