Disable whatever is cleaning /tmp

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Apr 25 23:48:51 UTC 2014

On 04/25/2014 04:36 PM, benfell at parts-unknown.org wrote:

> And this is at a relatively slack time. I'm not noticing impaired
> performance right now:
>
> [root at munich]/etc/ejabberd# free -m
>               total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
> Mem:          3254       3128        125          1          9        151
> -/+ buffers/cache:       2967        286
> Swap:         9486       5032       4454

I've always disliked throwing somebody else's money at a problem, but I
do have to ask: is it practical for you to upgrade your RAM?  If your
computer can handle more than 4GB and you don't want to do a complete
re-install to go to a 64-bit system, you can always do what I did:
install a PAE kernel (if you don't already have one) because that allows
a 32-bit system to access up to 64 BG of RAM. The process is quite
simple and I'd be glad to walk you through it if and when you need it.