su - Authentication failure - reinstall fedora ?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Aug 31 21:02:50 UTC 2014

On 08/31/2014 01:43 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> For now, longer is better. Diceware is recommending 6 word passphrases.

I may have mentioned here that I occasionally house sit for a friend who
lives in Studio City.  (Some of you might recognize his name, but I'm
not interested in name dropping.)  One of the many things he's done over
the years is write a column for what was then a major computer magazine.
  The password for his WiFi is[1] This_Is_A_Very_Long_Password, because
he considers it about as hard for somebody to guess as anything else.
Of course, the fact that he lives in an upscale neighborhood where
somebody sitting in a car trying to hack into his system wouldn't get
ignored might have something to do with it.

[1]Well, it's almost that.  I've modified it a tad just in case somebody
on this list wanted to connect to Chaos Manor, but it's close enough to
make the point.