please stop this thread; constructive discussion can take place in a new one [was Re: Latest systemd news]

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Tue Dec 2 14:52:45 UTC 2014

On 12/02/14 13:23, Matthew Miller wrote:
>> But what happens when they are ready? Will they be part of Fedora then?
>
> Lars, we have a change control process for precisely this reason. The
> systemd developers and packagers in Fedora are (mostly) conscientious
> about going through it.

My comment and cited question above has been taken somewhat out of
context here. I am not debating the change control process etc. Just
stating that new features in systemd have a tendency to find its way
into the standard Fedora release (sooner or later), and that the new
feature discussed earlier in the thread most likely will be handled in
the same manner. And that this fact makes a discussion about this new
feature on-topic for this list. And not off-topic as Rahul states.That
is all...

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>