Mounting HFS+

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Dec 8 02:36:42 UTC 2014

Huh. This is confusing:

# dnf search hfs
hfsplusutils.i686 : Tools for reading Macintosh HFS+ volumes
hfsplus-tools.i686 : Tools to create/check Apple HFS+ filesystems

# dnf install hfsplusutils hfsplus-tools
Error: package hfsplus-tools-540.1.linux3-9.fc21.i686 conflicts with
hfsplusutils provided by hfsplusutils-1.0.4-21.fc21.i686

Conflicting tools? Moving over to a workstation x86_64 VM, I have
hfsplus-tools installed by default, and hfsplusutils won't install,
same error as above. When I look in koji what's included with
hfsplusutils, there's /usr/bin/hpmount. I've never used this. There's
also an hpcp which makes sense, it probably preserves resource forks
if I had to guess.

Chris Murphy